- The system is an extensive series of goals and programs overseen by EarthCheck, the world’s leading environmental benchmarking advisory group for the travel industry.
- We’ve been certified by EarthCheck for the last 12 years, and Vidanta Riviera Nayarit has achieved Platinum Certification, the highest level EarthCheck awards.
- Grupo Vidanta employs a staff of more than 35 specialized environmentalists, including 19 at Vidanta Riviera Nayarit alone, to enforce the system and train others in its operation.
- The team tracks a series of ecological indicators in order to closely monitor environmental priorities.
- The Environmental Management System has been divided into 6 different specialized divisions: water conservation, energy conservation, waste management, emissions management, ecowaste and emissions management; ecosystem care; and guest, employee, and outside vendor education. As a result of our efforts, our team has seen outstanding positive changes in all of these areas, including a large reduction in water, electricity, and LP gas consumption.
Download the PDF to learn all about our sustainability efforts.